Sunday, June 13, 2010

Branding was a riot, medium warm/cold weather and just trying to stay out of the men:) we had alot of help by so many nice people. Max had some boys that where my age that had volunteered to come help out they hunger on cowboy days just going and working on cattle and riding their horses they like it because it helps them practice for their high school rodeo on roping. Which i had no disagree on some cute cowboys that i could show my skills on branding and riding my horse and on the plus side they where my age ya know what i mean lol hahaha just kidding i had fun watching Joe tackle the calves trying to be the Alfa MALE! he was every where jist helping as much as he can. i love branding just the smell, open space, and hanging with my family im the only girl who works and gets down inthe dirt everyone else either is married or cooking or both and has kids which is fine with me lol :)
there was a calf i was tagging and giving shots and another who was getting tied down well the other calf who was getting tied had pushed me into the fence and the calf i was giving a shot that i shot my leg a bit i was so peeved that i got up and kicked the calf that hit me as hard as i could while this was happening my dad and one of his friends i hardly knew looked to my dad and said "is that your daughter?" my dad sayd " yes" the man replied " well geeze shes a spit fire and good worker ain't she? how she got pissed at that calf". Well being a spit fire i guess i just did my work and enjoyed the day. it all turned out great we branded about 400 calves in two days with no major problems or accidents.



Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment